The "Auto Image Resizer" is a state of the art WordPress Plugin which reduces your uploaded images to the maximal used image dimensions of your WordPress website.
If the uploaders (author, member, whoever) browsers supports html5, gears, flash or silverlight the images will be resized directly on the client otherwise the server will do that. So the plugin works in every case regardless of the clients browser or OS.
- The free Lite Version
- How it works
The free Lite Version
In the free version of the plugin you can test the plugin as long as you want but with a small limitation: The free version can handle sepia images only. Of course in the pro version you can upload true color images, too! You can find the free version of the plugin here.
How it works
- Download the plugin and install it on your WordPress website or blog
- Configure the plugin in the WordPress backend (or use the default options)
- If a user uploads a new image to the media library, to a post or a page (or a custom post type) the plugin analyses the image dimensions automatically and unnoticeable.
- If the uploaded image is bigger than the defined maximal image dimensions it will be reduced to the maximal height and width without cropping or deforming it.
- If the uploaders browsers supports html5, gears, flash or silverlight the images will be resized directly on the client before uploading them.
- Then the reduced version of the uploaded image will replace the "large size" version of the image.
This saves your web space the traffic of the website visitors.
After you have purchased the Auto Image Resizer Plugin you get it as .zip archive. You can upload this .zip archive in your WordPress Backend in Plugins -> Add New -> Upload to your website or blog.
(Seasoned WordPress users can also upload the extracted archive to wp-content/plugins/.)
After installing the plugin you need to activate it in Plugins -> Installed Plugins -> Auto Image Resizer -> Activate.
As soon as the plugin is activated it is operable. By default the maximal image dimensions from your current media settings will be used and there is a small set of default options.
Maximal image size
You can change the maximal image dimension in Settings -> Media -> Image sizes -> Large Size.
You can change the image quality in Settings -> Auto Image Resizer -> Image quality.
Custom Image Sizes
Some Plugins and Themes use custom image sizes for post thumbnail images or header banners. The Auto Image Resizer take care of the image dimensions of other components so your images could be some pixel bigger than your "large size" option.
On the Settings page you can enable or disable the automatic updates. To make use of the automatic updates please enter your account details in the corresponding option box.
Download Auto Image Resizer Pro
The current release version of Auto Image Resizer Pro is 1.2.7.
If you have already purchased this product please log in to download it or to make use of the support service.
- Download the Lite or Pro Version of the plugin (it should be a .zip file).
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard and login.
- Deactivate all other versions of the plugin. (Especially deactivate the Lite version if you want to install the Pro version.)
- Go to Plugins ->Add New -> Upload.
- Upload the downloaded .zip file of the plugin.
- After the upload was successful activate the plugin.