Sub Post Navigation is a state of the art WordPress Plugin Widget which displays the child-, parent- and sibling elements of hierarchically ordered post types like pages, posts and galleries. The Widget generates a easy customizable HTML5 navigation you can style with your own CSS3.
With this great WordPress Widget you can create a multi dimensional navigation hierarchy for your website with your favorite Content-Management-System WordPress.
- The free Lite Version
- How the Widget works
- Main Features
- Edit or create your Widget template
The free Lite Version
In the Lite Edition of the plugin you can take a look around and you try out everything. On several places in the plugin you will find a notice that this function is included in the Pro Version only. There is no support available for the free Lite Version. You can find the Download here.
How the Widget works
- The Sub Post Navigation Widget displays all child elements of the current page (or custom post type).
- If there are no child elements the Widget displays the sibling elements of the current page (or custom post type).
- For Pages (or custom post types) without parent elements and without child elements you can hide the Widget.
- For deeper nesting of hierarchies the Widget could display a link to the parent page (or custom post type).
- The Widget title could be replaced by the title of the parent page (or custom post type).
- Display a automatically generated navigation of (custom) hierarchically post types (i.e. pages)
- Create navigations and use your WordPress as Content-Management-System
- Devoid of advertisements and brandings
- Plugin independent HTML templates
- Clean and user friendly backend
- According to package: Premium support by the plugin author within hours
- According to package: Premium support for coders, designers and agencies
- Requires PHP 5.3 (or higher)
- Requires MySQL 5.0 (or higher)
- Requires WordPress 3.3 (or higher)
- Compatible up to at least WordPress 3.8.x
- Purchase the Widget or get the free lite version of the plugin.
- Save the plugin as .zip file on your hard disk drive.
- Go to your WordPress Backend and login.
- Go to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and upload the .zip file you saved. Then click "Install now".
- After you uploaded the plugin successfully WordPress offers you the "Activate" link - click it!
- Now you can find your new Widget in Appearance -> Widgets.
Edit or create your Widget template
The output of the Widget is completely customizable. In the plugin folder you can find the file "sub-post-navigation.php" which renders the output. Please do not modify it - you would lose all your modification then updating the plugin! Copy the file inside your themes folder (regardless of parent or child theme) and start modify it. Inside the template code your can access these vars:
- $WIDGET: Pointer to the Widget object.
- $TITLE: Contains the widget title.
- $PARENT: Contains the ID to the parent post/page
- $NAVIGATION: Contains a WP_Query object with all elements which should be shown in this view.
Download Sub Post Navigation Pro
The current release version of Sub Post Navigation Pro is 1.1.1.
If you have already purchased this product please log in to download it or to make use of the support service.
- Download the Lite or Pro Version of the plugin (it should be a .zip file).
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard and login.
- Deactivate all other versions of the plugin. (Especially deactivate the Lite version if you want to install the Pro version.)
- Go to Plugins ->Add New -> Upload.
- Upload the downloaded .zip file of the plugin.
- After the upload was successful activate the plugin.